The overwrite mode in the ASCII area is strange

When I enter Japanese text in the ASCII area, the overwrite mode is ignored and it becomes insert mode.
Is this by design?

When using an input method editor to input japanese characters that currently does not work with overwrite mode and only does an insert. We will have to look and see if we can get the input method editors working with overwrite in an upcoming version. Cheers!

Graeme
SweetScape Software

There was a problem with the previous version of “Hex Editor Neo” when I entered IME data into the ASCII area, but after I reported the problem, a corrected version was sent to me within a few days.
The problem is slightly different from this one, but it seems to be almost the same.
Rather than it not being supported, isn’t this a bug?

You said that it will be considered for the next version update, but does that mean next year?

We haven’t got a chance to evaluate how difficult it would be to get this working properly. If it’s an easy fix then we could put an update out which could be in a couple weeks. However, input method editors are surprisingly complicated and it may be more work than it looks like. If it’s going to be very complicated we may wait until our next major release which would be next year.

Graeme
SweetScape Software

Understood.
I hope this gets resolved soon.

We have been looking at this issue. Could you check if this update works any better:

http://download.sweetscape.com/010EditorWin64Installer15.0d.exe

Cheers!

Graeme
SweetScape Software

Thank you!
This test version can input Japanese normally in overwrite mode. :grinning: