If Help is open, 010 Editor 15.0 crash leaves Assistant process running, preventing re-launch

If 010 Editor 15.0 crashes while I have the 010 Editor Help open, it leaves a process called “Assistant” running.The existence of that process prevents 010 Editor from being re-launched. Once I close the Help window (or kill the process) I can launch the editor again.

I believe this may be a regression to a bug that I reported under an earlier release.

I believe you are a macOS user. What version of macOS are you running and have you seen this on any other platforms?

Graeme
SweetScape Software

As I replied by email, I’m using Monterey (12.7.6). I don’t see this problem on Windows, which is the only other OS where I use 010 Editor.

I’m guessing this is an issue with Qt and how it handles processes. We should be upgrading to a new version of Qt for our next release and hopefully the upgrade should fix the problem. We’ll try to let you know when we have something for you to try. Cheers!

Graeme
SweetScape Software

So you’re guessing that Qt (rather than 010 Editor directly) is directly or indirectly attempting to create a process named Assistant, when a process with that name already exists, and that doing so prevents 010 Editor’s own window from ever showing up?