How to retrieve some information into a TIFF file

Good morning
I don’t know if I’m in the right section for this question but I just registered and this is my first post

I’m trying to retrieve GPS information from a TIFF file, I found where it is located (GPSInfo) but then I don’t see how to retrieve the detailed information (GPTVersion, GPSLatitudeRef, GPSLatitude, …)
Is there anyone who has already looked into this problem?
any ideas would be welcome

otherwise Happy New Year to all and enjoye your end of 2023

Have you tried the Tif.bt available to install into 010?

Hi Jeff,

first of all best wishes for this new year
yes, I downloaded tif.bt but maybe I’m using it wrong!
this allowed me to access the GPSInfo area which contains the address where GPS data are stored and when I go to this address, I do not know how this information is arranged!

see below:

this show the address of GPSInfos I have 08B82C7C

but when I go to the address 08B82C7C I should find first of all the GPSVersion information which seems to be 6 then just after the GPSLatitudeRef information which should be “N” for North (4E) which is far after the version information!

at address 08B82C7C I have this:

06 00 00 00 01 00 04 00 00 00 02 02 00 00 01 00
02 00 02 00 00 00 4E 00 00 00 02 00 05 00 03 00
00 00 B8 2A B8 08 03 00 02 00 02 00 00 00 45 00
00 00 04 00 05 00 03 00 00 00 D0 2A B8 08 06 00
05 00 01 00 00 00 74 2C B8 08 00 00 00 00

so I don’t understand everything

I base myself on the information found on the site: GPS Tags

sorry I don’t put any image because new user can’t attach images on a post :sleepy:

Hello Iquez

The Tif.bt template currently parses out GeoTIF information but it is not parsing out the GPS information. It shouldn’t be very hard to add GPS parsing to the Tif.bt template but we’d have to see a sample Tif file that has GPS info to make sure. Could you post a link to a Tif with GPS data, or attach a file here? If you have data that you don’t want to make public you can also email it to ‘support@sweetscape.com’ and we’ll take a look. Cheers!

Graeme
SweetScape Software

Yes thanks, you can use this file:

Tif File.tif

tell me if you managed to recover the file. and thanks again for your help

We tried to add GPS parsing to the TIF template. Can you try out the change here:

https://download.sweetscape.com/TIF.bt

If this works ok we can submit to the repository. Cheers!

Graeme
SweetScape Software

it seems to work fine, I now retreive my GPS information but I always have when I run the program an erroir message:

did you read my message ?
if you can’t read the red line on the image, the error message I have is:
ERROR Line 977: Template passed end of file at variable ‘value’.

Can you confirm that the TIF.bt template we posted works correctly on the ‘Tif File.tif’ you posted earlier in this post? If it works on that but not on your file ‘test_tif.tif’ then ‘test_tif.tif’ must be in a slightly different format. Is it possible to post the ‘test_tif.tif’ file or email it to us?

Graeme
SweetScape Software