Find results truncates lines

Is there a way for the Find Results not to truncate its entries?

After searching for a particular piece of text on a normal text file, if the line containing the result is very long than if we select Copy Value the result is a truncated string with 3 dots in the end.

We do put a limit to the length of a line that can be copied to the find results. I believe this was done because we had some rendering issues on older machines. We’ll take a look but it should be possible to increase the limit. How long is the line you are trying to copy? If you just need to copy a single long line then you can just double-click on the find occurrence and then use Ctrl+L and Ctrl+C to copy the line.

If you need to copy multiple lines, the Find output limit is currently around 1000 characters and if you don’t need too much more we may be able to get you an update. There were probably always have to be some sort of limit because very long lines can cause problems. We are planning on adding a ‘Copy as Lines Containing’ right-click option or something similar that would copy without any limitation. It should also be possible to do the copy with a short script and we can give you more details if you are interested in this. Cheers!

Graeme
SweetScape Software

Thank you for the reply. I would love an update that could bump this to at least 5000 characters.

In the meantime I would also appreciate the short script to do the copy.

We are going to try to get you a copy of 010 Editor with the limit set to 5000 characters. Hopefully we should be able to get this to you early next week. Cheers!

Graeme
SweetScape Software

Appreciate the support. Thank you.

Here is an update with the limit set to 5000:

http://download.sweetscape.com/010EditorWin64Installer15.0a.exe

Let us know if you have any issues with this. Cheers!

Graeme
SweetScape Software